Terms of Service for The Fly Dressers’ Guild website
The following terms and conditions govern all use of the www.flydressersguild.org website and all content, services and products available at or through the website (taken together, the “Website”). The Website is owned and operated by The Fly Dressers’ Guild (“the FDG”). The Website is offered subject to your acceptance without modification of all of the terms and conditions contained herein and all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published from time to time on this Website by the FDG (collectively, the “Agreement”).
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by the FDG, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
1. Contributors. If you provide the FDG with material for inclusion in the Website (any such material, “Content”), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
By providing the FDG with Content for inclusion on the Website, you grant the FDG a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce the Content. If you wish to change or delete Content, the FDG will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, the FDG has the right (though not the obligation) to, in the FDG’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in the FDG’s reasonable opinion, violates any FDG policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in the FDG’s sole discretion. The FDG will have no obligation to provide a refund of any membership subscriptions previously paid to the FDG.
2. Responsibility of Website Visitors. The FDG is not responsible for the Content’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, the FDG does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that in your eyes is offensive or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. The FDG disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
3. Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which the Website links, and that link to the Website. The FDG does not have any control over those non-FDG websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-FDG website or webpage, the FDG does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The FDG disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-FDG websites and webpages.
4. Copyright Infringement. As the FDG asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by the Website violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify the General Secretary and the Chairman of the FDG. The FDG will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. The FDG will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of the FDG or others. In the case of such termination, the FDG will have no obligation to provide a refund of any membership subscriptions previously paid to the FDG.
5. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from the FDG to you any FDG or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with the FDG. The Fly Dressers’ Guild, The Fly Dressers’ Guild logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with The Fly Dressers’ Guild, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of the FDG. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any FDG or third-party trademarks.
6. Changes. The FDG reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. The FDG may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website. Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
7. Termination. The FDG may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement, you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. The FDG and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither the FDG nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. If you’re actually reading this, here’s a treat. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
9. Limitation of Liability. In no event will the FDG, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the membership fees paid by you to the FDG under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. The FDG shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
10. General Representation and Warranty. You represent and warrant that (i) your use of the Website will be in strict accordance with this Agreement and with all the applicable laws and regulations of England or the country in which you reside and (ii) your use of the Website will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party.
11. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the FDG, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
12. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the FDG and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorised executive of the FDG, or by the posting by the FDG of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by English law. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; the FDG may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Thank you to WordPress.com for generously providing the starting point for this Agreement.
REPORTS NOW AVAILABLE BELOW Under the new constitution, we will be holding a ‘General Meeting’ rather than an ‘Annual General Meeting’, as we are no longer required to hold
REPORTS NOW AVAILABLE BELOW
Under the new constitution, we will be holding a ‘General Meeting’ rather than an ‘Annual General Meeting’, as we are no longer required to hold these meetings annually. The agenda is set out below:
54th General Meeting of
The Fly Dressers’ Guild
to be held on Saturday 11th February 2023 at 4.00 pm
at The British Fly Fair International 2023
Staffordshire Agricultural Show Ground, ST18 0BD
- Apologies for Absence and Quorum
- Adoption of Previous Minutes
- Officers’ Reports
- Adoption of Accounts and Appointment of Examiner
- Election/ Re-election of Officers
- Re-election of General Secretary and Member without Portfolio 4:
In accordance with the Constitution, the following officers must retire but are standing for re-election, being eligible to do so:
(i) General Secretary – Chris Reeves; and
(ii) Member without Portfolio – Caroline Emmet
- Election of Marketing Manager:
Phil Varney was co-opted onto the Executive Committee as Marketing Manager during the year; this being his first AGM, he is standing for election.
- Re-election of General Secretary and Member without Portfolio 4:
- Any Other Business
The minutes of the 53rd AGM and Officers’ reports for the 54th AGM are available below and a summary of the meeting will be published in the Spring issue of Flydresser.
Minutes of 53rd AGM
General Secretary’s Report
Treasurer’s Report and 2021/22 Accounts
Membership Secretary’s Report
Fishing Secretary’s Report
(Saturday) 16:00 - 17:00
The John Watts is the FDG’s annual boat fly-fishing competition. Past participants will attest to it being a friendly and enjoyable day, attracting members from a variety of
The John Watts is the FDG’s annual boat fly-fishing competition. Past participants will attest to it being a friendly and enjoyable day, attracting members from a variety of Branches and wide-ranging parts of the UK. Although traditionally an inter-Branch event, it is also open to individual members of the FDG.
The competition is contested by teams of four. Each Branch may enter up to two teams and individual entrants will be placed into pairs or teams of four if feasible. All competitors must be paid up members of the Guild. The competition is fished from boats to fishery rules with certain exceptions. It is fished entirely on a catch and release basis. The tally will be followed by a light buffet and prize giving at the fishing lodge.
To take part, entrants will need to complete an entry form and return it with the corresponding payment as soon as possible as per the instructions on the form. Entries are restricted to twenty teams of four and will be accepted on a first come, first
served basis. More details on the event, including the entry form and competition rules, are available on the Guild website, from your Branch Secretary or from the Fishing Competitions Secretary.
Note: Details on the cost of entry for 2023 and the updated entry form and rules will be posted on the website in late Spring 2023.
Year Around Event (2023)
The Fishing Lodge, Draycote Water, Rugby, Warwickshire CV23 8AB
Deadline and NEW address for receipt of entries Following David Taylor’s passing away, entries for the 2022/23 FDG Fly-Tying Competition must be sent to the
Deadline and NEW address for receipt of entries
Following David Taylor’s passing away, entries for the 2022/23 FDG Fly-Tying Competition must be sent to the following address: Guild Awards Manager, c/o Chris Reeves, 2 Briar Close, West Byfleet KT14 6QF. Entries must be received by 5.00 p.m. on Tuesday 21st March 2023.
Entrants to the Prize Winners Trout Fly category should also refer to page 8 of the Winter 2022 issue of Flydresser. These have also been included in the Fly-Tying Competitions section of this website, together with the full details of the competition.
(Tuesday) 17:00 - 17:00
This is a friendly and sociable event, open to members of the Guild only. The competition will be contested by teams of three but members entering as individuals will
This is a friendly and sociable event, open to members of the Guild only. The competition will be contested by teams of three but members entering as individuals will be placed into teams as feasible. The plan is to fish from 9.30 a.m. till 12.00 noon and again from 12.45 to 5.00 p.m. We’re looking into arrangements for holding the prize-giving and some light refreshments onsite or somewhere nearby.
Further details will be circulated in the Spring 2023 issue of Flydresser and posted on the Guild website and Facebook page.
To secure your place, please send a completed entry form with the corresponding fee. Cheques should be made out to ‘The Fly Dressers’ Guild’.
Note: the entry forms and rules will be posted as soon as the prices have been confirmed with the fishery.
All Day (Sunday)
Elinor Trout Fishery
Lowick Road, Aldwincle, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN14 3EE